I’ve recently found a handy trick to turn your websites into its own application…no ribbon, no browser menus, and including desktop & start bar shortcuts.
The sites that I’ve found most useful are mainly social media and email, like Facebook & Gmail. The example I’ll be showing you is with Gmail, however you can replicate this with any webpage. I’ve found this method is also useful for turning a page into a full screen web app, like Yammer, or WordPress.
Turning website into apps
- Open your desired webpage with Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome options panel
- Then “tools”
- Then “Create applications shortcut…”
- Adjust your tick boxes to suit and click “create”
- Congratulations your webpage is now an app, with a link pinned to the desktop and start bar. Enjoy!